1a. Most psychiatrists are idiots. If he is working for you then there is the possibility that he is not an idiot, however, if he is being paid by someone other than yourself, he is an idiot, e.g., if he is being paid by a hospital, government agency or any other source then he either is a fool and in the name-calling game or he is covering up the fact that he is dangerously emotionally disturbed. Make him put in writing everything he does and then get a copy.
- Bad bodies lead to bad minds. So-called “mental illness” is not to be found in the body, e.g., brain scans are not going to show you the source of your son’s schizophrenia. Life is a social disease and that’s where emotional unhealth starts—from not knowing how to live right. However, the sicker the body gets, the sicker the mind gets. The more physical illnesses you acquire then the more likely you are to present with emotional illnesses. Therefore, the best action to prevent mental illness is to get a good night’s sleep, eat a healthy diet and exercise as much as you can.
- The biggest purveyor of psychiatric stigma is the medical industry. Physicians do not understand mental illness and are pathologically afraid of their own emotions, therefore every time they see a psychiatric diagnosis anywhere in the vicinity of their patient, they stick it on the patient with superglue and carry it forward forever and ever. The medical industry nails psychiatric diagnoses to patients without regard to time or context. If you break your leg, physicians will accept healing and stop reporting it. They do not believe that you ever heal from a psychiatric disorder therefore they will carry the diagnosis forward for the rest of your life.
- If you have ever had any psychiatric diagnosis then you should never, ever, for any reason, authorize release of your medical records into any electronic system. Your medical records will appear in the most unexpected places and a psychiatric diagnosis will damn you forever.
- REPEAT: If you have ever had any psychiatric diagnosis then you should never, ever, for any reason, authorize release of your medical records into any electronic system.
- Marijuana and morphine should be available on request to any person who is living in a nursing home. “Happiness” can and should be chemically induced for everyone who is too sick to live in the community.
- The palliative care unit of the Iroquois Nursing Home is the only thing that has made me doubt God’s love.
- Psychologists generally are intelligent and emotionally healthy people who are helpful.