This conference is an absolute must-do for anyone who wants to participate in real healing for people in emotional distress. Richard Gottlieb, MSW, and I will be doing a workshop on “Treating the Maltreated,” i.e., what professionals in the mental health field need to know in order to work with people who have been damaged by traditional psychiatric treatment.
Dr. Peter Breggin’s
International Empathic Therapy Conference April 13-15, 2012 in Syracuse, NY, USA
Sign Up Now–Be Part of This Exciting Event!
Come be part of one of the most exciting conferences in years:
April 13-15, 2012 at The Embassy Suites Hotel, Syracuse, New York State. Beginning each day at 8:30 am and going until 6 pm with special evening events Friday and Saturday evenings.
On Sunday the conference continues from 8:30 am until closing at 1:30pm. Here are just a few of the reasons to attend:
* Internationally renowned researchers from Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom as well as the U.S.
* Bring out your best as an empathic therapist
* Learn to love your work as a therapist
* Treat children and the elderly without drugs
* Innovative approaches to head injury, stroke, dementia
* Recovery from trauma and addiction
* How psychiatric drugs injure and spellbind
* Critiquing psychiatric diagnoses and genetics
* SSRI violence & suicide: legal and survivor views
* Friday & Saturday night desserts & special event
CEUs for psychologists, counselors, social workers, nurses and addiction specialists will be available. Come to learn, come to be inspired, come to connect with other caring, like minded people, and come to support better and more humane approaches to ‘mental illness,’ emotional overwhelm and crisis. See you there!